Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Patient Safety Team Supervisor
Assists department leadership in daily management operations. Assists department leadership in assuring quality of work and measuring and improving customer service. Responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of a team to optimize staffing and serve as a resource to team members both on the team and unit nursing colleagues.
* Assists in development/management of daily work schedules, daily operations, and new employee orientation, ongoing training and performance evaluations.
* Makes frequent rounds of behavioral health, medical hold, and at-risk patients. Identifies and corrects areas of opportunity.
* Conducts quality & safety inspections and documents findings. Provides constructive and positive feedback to staff regarding inspection results. Ensures safe completion of work assignments.
* Initiates contact and establishes positive relationships with key nursing leaders to ensure satisfaction with service.
* Addresses patient safety issues promptly with communication back to nursing leaders and key employees. Documents patient safety concerns and develops resolution with department leadership.
* Works as a member of the Patient Safety Team, as needed.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Communication (Advanced): Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
* Human Growth & Development (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery of human growth and development in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering human growth and development services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
* Facilitation of Positive Coping Strategies (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery of facilitation of positive coping strategies in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering facilitation services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
* Vital Signs (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery of taking vital signs in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering vital sign services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day-to-day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guideline. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team. * Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.