DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under general supervision, organizes, supervises and participates in the administrative activities of the Chief of Staff/Medical Affairs office.
1. Organizes and oversees the credentialing approval process for Medical Staff and allied health professionals, including new staff applications and privileges, annual reappointments and updated privileges.
2. Prepares agendas and related materials for highest level Medical Staff Committees. Prepares and keeps permanent record of proceedings (minutes) and actions of each committee. Assures expeditious follow-through on action items and policy changes. Disseminates information accordingly. Assures overall continuity of medical staff activities.
3. With the Chief of Staff, Vice Chief of Staff and/or administrator, plans, develops and implements long and short term goals for Medical Staff as approved by the Medical Staff Operations Committee.
4. Deals sensitively and professionally with physicians regarding problems and queries.
5. Acts as liaison between the Chief of Staff and Medical Staff, all hospital medical, nursing and administrative departments, DMC and related health care agencies by answering questions, exchanging and gathering information and resolving operational problems.
6. Reviews and responds to requests from other hospitals and organizations for confidential information regarding Medical Staff.
7. Coordinates annual Medical Staff elections
8. Provides supervision and selects, trains, assesses, assigns work to, evaluates and disciplines, when necessary, support personnel in the office.
9. Maintains a working knowledge of the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, manuals, policies and procedures. Interprets these to Medical Staff and departments. Audits committee minutes for compliance.
10. Coordinates committee activities, including initial committee appointments, arrangements for meetings and the required follow-up necessary to ensure that objectives are accomplished. Maintains all confidential committee files.
11. Reviews and responds to requests for reports, surveys and statistics for such organizations as JCAHO, AHA, AMA and other hospitals, as well as internal DMC requests.
1. Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and training.
2. Three to four years of related experience, preferably in a large hospital environment.
3. Certification in Medical Staff Services (CMSC) preferred.
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.