Substitute Teacher-Special Education AdventHealth GlenOaks School
Location: Hinsdale, Illinois
Internal Number: 22010374
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD RESUME, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
Paid Days Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: As needed
Location: AdventHealth GlenOaks Hospital School
The role you’ll contribute:
Provides special education to students with significant social-emotional/other health impaired/autistic needs
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Develops individual goals and objectives that reflect each student's abilities, needs and interests.
• Develops and implements lesson plans that focus on student learning. Provides progress updates through grades.
• Administers and interprets formal and informal students' assessments including maintenance, review and interpretation of data on student progress.
• Serves as a member of an instructional team and is responsible for ensuring that services are individualized, high quality, effective and consistent with current best professional practices.
• Provides support and supervision to assigned education assistants and instructional aides including treatment team.
• Prepares reports for and attends IEP meetings.
• In conjunction with team members, provides consistent communication to parents/guardians/school districts/outside providers.
• Supervises students during the course of the school day.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Bachelor's degree required.
BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Substitute Teacher or Licensed Teacher obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.