Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Ogallala offers one of Nebraska's most popular recreational areas Lake McConaughy, the state's largest lake. There are all sorts of activities here from boating, fishing and camping to viewing the diverse avian populations. West Wing Golf Club provides a relaxing 18-hole game through moguls and greens while a stroll down Main Street offers a glimpse into life in a 19th Century town.
As a Senior Medical Staff Coordinator at Ogallala Community Hospital, you will be a highly skilled support liaison to committees, medical staff departments, physicians, and other hospital personnel. You will support the Director in program implementation, resource utilization, and process changes pertaining to regulatory and accreditation compliance. This is a Monday-Friday position with no holidays required. Apply today!
Ogallala Community Hospital combines tradition and technology in the charming small town of Ogallala, Neb. Our 18-bed facility is at the heart of a well-integrated, total care system from primary care to specialty care and is committed to meeting the health care needs of western Nebraska. Serving a patient population from newborns through geriatric patients, we operate a very busy outpatient clinic as well as a specialty clinic with a variety of visiting specialists, including cardiology, urology, OB/GYN, podiatry, ENT and ophthalmology. Our commitment to compassionate, innovative patient care is evidenced in our receiving the Recognition of Quality Award from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska in 2007, 2008 and 2009. We also provide a uniquely rewarding lifestyle for healthcare professionals. In fact, we are located just a few miles from the shore of beautiful Lake McConaughy, Nebraska's largest body of water. With more than 100 miles of shoreline and white sand beaches you'll enjoy recreational opportunities for all seasons.
POSITION SUMMARY Provides highly skilled support via liaison representation to committees, medical staff departments, physicians, and other hospital personnel. Performs complex, specialized function-related administrative tasks with minimal supervision. Supports the Director in program implementation and process changes pertaining to regulatory and accreditation compliance, and resource utilization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates all aspects of medical staff committees including compiling agenda material, accurately documenting minutes following regulatory requirements, generating follow-up correspondence, researching and preparing information for medical staff leadership, and strictly protecting credentialing and peer review confidentiality. Provides consultation regarding privileging, credentialing, reappointment, and corrective action processes as defined in the medical staff bylaws and applicable policies and procedures. Coordinates communication of information among medical staff departments, clinical service areas and administration.
2. Provides professional assistance and serves as a resource for medical staff members regarding medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, hospital and medical staff policies, state statutes, licensing boards regulations, and other regulatory and accreditation agency standards and parliamentary procedure. Facilitates and drafts revisions to department rules and regulations and privileging criteria to maintain compliance. Coordinates physician training and educational programs sponsored by medical staff services. Provides orientation to new medical staff leaders. May be responsible for GME and/or CME activities.
3. In consultation with supervisor, may communicate sensitive and confidential issues with medical staff leaders and/or senior administration, including peer review and professional conduct involving physicians and allied health professionals. May interact directly with internal and medical staff legal counsel. Uses judgment and discretion to maintain peer review protection of hospital and medical staff.
4. Maintains an accurate, secure, and current database of physician and allied health provider information. Uses various internal resources and databases to gather and analyze physician and allied health credentialing and performance data used in the reappointment, peer review, and performance improvement processes of the medical staff.
5. Maintains quality controls on all aspects of physician and allied health credentialing and reappointment processes and assures the credentialing activities are completed within appropriate timeframes. Exercises judgment and discretion in recognizing legal implications of credentialing functions and medical staff issues. Drafts appropriate correspondence utilizing knowledge of state statutes and legal guidelines in requesting additional information from external medical and legal sources if necessary. Assists with appropriate credentialing procedures, forms and time limits. Maintains an effective process for maintaining current information for expirable credentials, e.g. license, DEA, insurance. Assists in orienting new medical staff members to hospital protocols and services.
6. May oversee and/or manage the collection and compilation of performance data for physician and allied health quality profiles. This includes working with department chairmen, quality staff, and other hospital staff to identify sources of data and methods of presenting and analyzing data to identify trends.
7. May oversee the preparation, distribution and maintenance of the physician emergency department call schedules. Maintains knowledge of EMTALA regulations and coordinates interface among administration, legal counsel, department chairmen, and the Emergency Department to ensure compliance. Facilitates the resolution of call issues as they arise utilizing appropriate resources including but not limited to medical staff leadership chain of command.
8. Requires the constant exercise of a high degree of independent judgment and initiative in response to complex, sensitive issues, decision making, and discretion. Requires limited direction and guidance. Addresses moderately difficult problems. Maintains professional relationships with members of the administrative staff of the hospital, members of the medical and affiliated staff, medical staff officers, medical staff department chairs, section chiefs, physician and other professional applicants, attorneys, medical staff professionals at other facilities, state licensing bodies, other departmental personnel and customers. All require courtesy, tact, patience, collaboration, and confidentiality.
Must possess strong interpersonal skills and general knowledge of healthcare administration, and regulatory compliance.
Requires Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) and/or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or comparable experience and knowledge in medical staff services. 3 -5 years of experience in medical staff services or comparable work experience is required.
Must possess extensive knowledge of medical staff operations, policies, rules and regulations, regulatory agency guidelines and standards. Must possess demonstrated leadership abilities. Requires experience interacting with physicians in highly sensitive situations. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Requires astute judgment in human relations skills to interface and communicate in an articulate manner with medical staff, administrators, legal counsel and hospital personnel. Requires the ability to work with common office software and equipment.
Knowledge of medical staff computer software programs is desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R27620
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.