Responsible for facilitating all aspects for the following services areas within the Medical Staff Office: Medical Staff Credentialing and Privileging, Medical Staff Library, and Medical Staff Relations. Responsible for department's operations, budgeting, staffing, planning, and development of information systems. Coordinates and actively participates with Medical Staff Leadership in preparation for The Joint Commission and other regulatory/licensing surveys. Ensures a constant state of readiness for these surveys. Responsible for the medical-administrative and medico-legal aspects of the Medical Staff organization which includes Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Credentialing Policy, etc.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree or five (5) years in healthcare credentialing required. Masters Degree preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Certified Medical Staff Coordinator (CMSC) preferred.
SKILLS: * Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent oral, writing and communication skills.
* Working knowledge of all regulatory agency requirements regarding credentialing, peer review, physician contracting and recruitment.
* Expertise in the use of all necessary computer applications including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint; and Medical Staff software such as MD Staff.
* Strong organizational skills. Has ability to problem-solve and make decisions.
* Ability to analyze administrative problems and make appropriate recommendations.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical staff and other professionals in order to engender confidence, respect, and trust.
* Strong background in medico-legal aspects of the medical staff organization.
* Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis.
* Leadership skills to promote cooperation, retention and development of department personnel.
* Ability to work collaboratively with outside medical staff organizations and educational institutions to assure accuracy and completeness of the verification process for appointments and reappointments.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years of experience in healthcare-related field. Minimum of 3 years of experience in the functions related to the medical staff services. Management experience required.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION: -Responsible to: Chief Medical Officer and Executive Director, Quality and Performance Improvement for administration
ENVIRONMENT: - General office environment and general hospital departments / nursing units (100% of day). Bloodborne pathogens: A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to move around the hospital to all units / departments for about 10% of the day, sitting in office 80% of day. Use of computer to enter data, type reports and request reports. Requires close work, good vision, dexterity to write as well as type.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.