Job Posting : Nov 13, 2020, 6:09:03 PM Closing Date : Nov 28, 2020, 5:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Posting Salary : COMPETITIVE
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
LOCATION: AMBULATOR Y AND COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK
Working closely and directly with the Physician Leader, plans, directs, organizes, and controls activities within a Cook County Health and Hospital System (CCHHS) community health center and/or for service line. Oversees all aspects of center operations and provision of patient care services including management of clinical, administrative and interdisciplinary staff, patient access and flow, resource allocation and the quality service delivery for assigned area. Is accountable for staff management, financial performance, labor productivity, adherence to patient access and practice standards, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance.
Responsible for effectively and independently initiating, delegating, supervising and monitoring functions within the center, including resource allocation, work assignments, determination of daily work priorities and actions required to meet deadlines and resolve problems.
Responsible for 24 hour administrative management accountability and day-to-day management of multi-provider group(s) practices or service line. Establishes collaborative partnership with physician site leadership to achieve system goals and objectives for the practice or service line. Works with Nursing leadership on implementation of approved clinical practices and standards.
* Reviews routine and ad-hoc reports that provide information on practice volumes, cycle time, provider productivity, fiscal year (FY) statistics, sharing information with staff.
* Maintains and approves provider templates to ensure they meet the standards set forth by System goals; discusses variances with lead provider and develops action plan as required.
* Ensures that all practice Provider and ancillary encounters are billed within established timeframe.
* Manages center's operating and capital budget, monitors personnel and general expenses, responding to variances.
* Ensures that staff fully utilize IT systems and are up to date on CCHHS registration and insurance plans requirements.
* Provides adequate staffing coverage on a daily basis--prepares and posts schedules in timely manner.
* Monitors vacancy and turnover rates - develops action plans to meet daily requirements that provide appropriate standard of care.
* Recommends adjustment for ongoing staffing model in accordance with care needs of the population.
* Audits staff productivity and develops established benchmarks for performance- addresses performance deficits with individualized staff improvement plans.
* Maintains Attendance and Tardiness Records; prepares and administers discipline for abuse of policies and procedures and non-adherence to clinical practice standards.
* Conducts monthly meeting with staff to discuss System generated information, reports and other pertinent information presented in management and leadership meetings. Maintains records of meetings, including attending roster.
* Ensures staff meets PCMH and clinical practice requirements, including providing patient access, doing daily huddles, patient screening, pre visit planning, reminder calls and follow-up calls to increase show rates.
* Oversees and maintains timekeeping for staff and maintains acceptable levels of overtime.
* Handles Patient Complaints and initiates Recovery; documents, tracks patient concerns and conducts patient interviews and follow-up.
* Responds to EMERS reports in an acceptable time frame.
* Monitors Press-Ganey data regularly. Reviews and disseminates to staff with subsequent plans to improve the patient experience.
* Monitors staff customer relations performance.
* Converses and engages patients to collect feedback and to address concerns related to patient experience.
* Tracks patient activity daily through dashboard, identifying trends.
Ordering and Expense Management
* Orders all medical consumables, office supplies, printed forms, according to established procedures for P-Suite.
* Maintains inventory of all office and clinical supplies; Ensures appropriate storage in accordance with safety and regulatory requirements.
* Submits invoices for payment to vendors for supplies, services and equipment received.
Clinical Practice Management
Implements evidence-based standards of clinical practice to support PCMH concepts, population health, quality improvement and the Triple AIM (excellent quality and service and efficiency)/ simultaneously improving the health of the population, enhancing the experience and outcomes for the patient and reducing per capita cost of care. As assessed through data from IT system:
* Ensures that patient care is delivered within CCHHS established service standards, regulatory requirements and professional standards of care.
* Ensures that staff is oriented, trained and competent to provide excellent patient care and service.
* Tracks clinical performance indicators and develops action plans.
* Ensures care is coordinated across the continuum to promote positive patient outcomes and efficiency.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvement and initiates improvement efforts within the clinic to increase or exceed established metrics.
* Ensures appropriate patient education and engagement strategies are implemented.
* Maintains environment of care in accordance with regulatory and licensing standards. Responsible for ensuring that offices and public areas of the practices are clean and in order.
* Conducts Rounds with Environmental Service and Facilities staff to identify deficiencies and to develop corrective action plans.
* Ensures that appropriate levels of supplies are stocked in clinical areas as required.
* Ensure that equipment is in good working order or tagged if not working.
* Assists as required with new patient initiatives.
Additional Management Responsibilities
* Works with Human Resources in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff.
* Oversees the scheduling of clinical and support staff based on patient care needs.
* Ensures that interdisciplinary staff, contractual staff, students and volunteers meet key CCHHS performance requirements.
* Prepares and completes Request to Hire (RTH) Packets for submission to Human Resources.
* Resolves conflicts between staff.
* Maintains relevant personnel files.
* Works with Human Resources to ensure the proper documentation and maintenance of Worker's Compensation and FMLA records.
* Works closely with Human Resources to ensure practice compliance with all local, state and federal laws and guidelines including OSHA, ADA, FMLA and regulatory requirements including IDPH, CMS and The Joint Commission.
* Ensures compliance with HIPAA, emergency and disaster preparedness communication, MSDS (global harmonized system), sexual harassment, universal precautions, confidentiality, security and privacy.
* Ensures compliance with annual staff training and documentation requirements.
* Ensures all clinical staff is current on licenses, CPR and other job requirements.
* Follows downtime procedures for all defined emergency codes at site (computer downtime, electrical, fire, etc.).
* Makes sure Risk Management, Corporate Compliance and Quality Management policies are being followed.
* Travels to various locations within the Cook County Health and Hospitals System.
* Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required . ( Must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
Five (5) years supervisory or management experience in a health care environment or clinical practice is required.
Travel to various Cook County Health & Hospitals System work sites is required.
Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends is required.
Three (3) years' experience as a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Five (5) years of clinical practice experience is preferred .
Previous work experience in a union environment is preferred.
Certification in one or more of the following areas is preferred :
Certified Medical Manager
Certified Physician Practice Manager
Certified Medical Practice Executive
Certified Medical Office Manager
Certified Administrator in Physician Practice Management
Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred .
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Basic Term Life Insurance
Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Internal Number: 257563
About Cook County Health
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER