The Medical Staff Coordinator plays a vital role within the organization. Below is a listing of some of the responsibilities, It is not meant to be all inclusive however highlight key functions...
Assists in the Medical Staff appointment/reappointment process as required by SMMC Medical Staff bylaws, policies and procedures, as well as National association of Medical Staff Services and Joint Commission standards for credentialing.
2. Coordinates and maintains in a timely manner the appointment/reappointment process, for all allied health care professionals as required by SMMC Medical Staff bylaws, policies and procedures, as well as National Association of Medical Staff Services and Joint Commission standards of credentialing.
3. Monitors and maintains records for all residents/ students in the hospital. Ensures the medical staff office is the first point of contact to present identification and obtain a badge.
4. Assists in maintaining currently credentialed practitioners’ insurances, licenses, and Drug Enforcement Administration licenses on file, by initiating an appropriate report for monitoring this and requesting and verifying updates upon expiration.
5. Prepares meeting notices, dietary arrangements, agendas and records minutes at monthly clinical department and committee meetings. Follows through on all recommendations, correspondence and/or directives, channeling actions from one meeting to another as appropriate.
6. Assists Regional Director - Medical Affairs as needed with special projects including development of the physician’s website, production of the Medical Staff Regional Directory.
7. Prepares Statements, Deposits and tracks the Medical Staff Treasury. Prepares monthly report to MEC and quarterly report for the Medical Staff.
8. Oversees the Medical Staff Holiday Party. The preparation, payment of invoices and invitations. All aspects as they relate to the party.
9. Prepares reports as requested by Medical Staff leadership and/or Administration.
10. Assists in maintaining physician database of 850+ practitioner demographics.
11. Assists in preparing OPPE reports every 6 months for use upon reappointment.
12. Assists Regional Director with FPPE for initial applicants or focused review when required.
13. Ensures that FPPE has been completed during first 2 years of appointment.
14. Assists with telephones in the Medical Staff Office, answering questions or offering referrals when appropriate.
15. Files all credentialing documents and assigned meeting documents and minutes.
16. Supports the Regional Director and other Medical Staff Office colleagues whenever requested.
17. Other duties as assigned. .
At a minimum 3 yrs experience in the medical staff office, processing initial appointments, reapps., FPPE/OPPE familiarity. Also, preparing meeting agendas, minute taking and ability to communicate effectively with Physicians and leadership.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is based on education and experience. Ranges discussed with HR.
Internal Number: 00175024
About St. Mary Medical Center- Mid-Atlantic Region
Mission: We, St. Mary Medical Center and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. As a community of caring people, we are committed to extending and strengthening the healing ministry of Jesus.
Vision:Through God's loving spirit, St. Mary Medical Center serves the needs of those who entrust their lives to us, cherishing the whole person - physically, emotionally, and spiritually - with special commitment for the poor and underserved.