Job Posting: Jun 3, 2019, 8:01:36 PM Closing Date: Jun 18, 2019, 4:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 11:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 7:00 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: AFSCME 1111 Health and Hospital Systems Posting Salary: STARTING SALARY:$15.851
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Under general supervision, performs a variety of clerical functions requiring discretion and independent judgment. These include patient registration, scheduling, and filing. Answers all calls and directs them to appropriate department. Contacts patients for follow up as needed. May act as lead worker, all duties are performed in a highly confidential manner.
* Provides customer service to the patients, family, and significant other
* Verifies patient information and registers patient in Electronic
Medical Records (EMR)
* Schedules patient appointment in EMR
* Assists patient with using patient portal
* Distributes information to patients as directed by clinical providers
* Assists patients with transportation needs and makes follow-up call, as needed
* Participates in health center or departmental meetings
* Copies and/or scans documents, as needed
* Answers calls and routes them appropriately
* Sorts and distributes mail
* Prints and distributes depart/discharge documents
* Performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED is required (must provide proof at time of interview)
One (2) year of clerical experience within a healthcare or customer service setting is required
Ability to type at a rate of 25 words per minute is required (may be required to test for proficiency)
Bilingual English/Spanish is required
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge of patient registration database system
Hospital registration experience
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
* Knowledge of clerical and standard office practices and procedures
* Skilled in the use of standard office equipment
* Demonstrate good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with all levels of individuals internally and externally
* Demonstrate the ability to use word processing and database software
* Ability to communicate with a diverse environment and communicate with tact and courtesy.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
* Ability to lift ten (10) pounds
* Ability to sit, stand and bend for periods of time
* Ability to travel, as required
* Ability to work flexible hours
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Basic Term Life Insurance
Deferred Compensation Program
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
*Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER