Full-Time position with The Greeley Company, LLC, located at our San Antonio, TX office.
Seeking a Medical Staff Services Specialist: Reporting to the Director/Manager of Medical Staff Services, this role will be key in the coordination of internal and external activities of the Medical Staff including: medical staff meeting management, credentialing and privileging of new applicants and re-appointments.
This role will be the functional support to medical staff officers, departments and committees in the pursuit of their success in responsibilities as defined in the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules/Regulations.
Manage functions required to comply with external accreditation standards, state laws and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation; meeting management coordination, attendance and follow-up; support in developing reports for meetings, including the credentials report for presentation to the Credentials Committee, Medical Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
• Knowledge and experience with meeting management responsibilities and activities as it relates to the Medical Staff Services Department (MSSD)
• Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., TJC, CMS)
• Proficiency with medical terminology • Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• The ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision • Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) • Ability to adapt and even enjoy daily changes in priorities
Qualifications - Required:
• At least 3 years of experience in Medical Staff/Credentialing Services • At least 3 years of meeting management
• Highly proficient with Microsoft products, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• High level of knowledge with medical terminology.
Qualifications - Beneficial:
• Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM)
As an employee of the nationally recognized Greeley Company, located in our San Antonio Medical Staff Department, you will be surrounded by a supportive and close-knit team who are experts in their fields. If you have been looking for a position that provides a progressive learning environment, an ability to make a daily positive impact, while being part of a family "open door" atmosphere, then we want to meet you!
Internal Number: 1014
About The Greeley Company, LLC
The Greeley Company is a highly regarded and recognized professional services organization with a 30-year history of partnering with hospitals and healthcare organizations nationwide, offering physicians and hospital leaders consulting and other services to solve various administrative challenges allowing them to continue delivering high-quality, cost-effective patient care.