WORK SCHEDULE: Days (Typical hours are 8a-4:30p. Weekend Rotations)
WORK TYPE: Flex
Clinical Dietitian II-Proficient provides safe, competent evidence-based nutritional therapy that meets the standards of practice and the scope of practice as stated by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). The Clinical Dietitian II-Proficient manages the individual’s nutrition care in collaboration with the health care team and other nutrition professionals.
· Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Geisinger in the efforts to provide quality patient and resident care and excellent customer service.
· Maintains a customer service approach at all times when fulfilling responsibilities. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients/residents in the assigned clinical area.
· Works under the general guidance of the Senior Director of Clinical Nutrition and Director/Clinical Manager for the specific site or entity of Geisinger.
Clinical Dietitian II-Proficient are highly competent clinicians who have consistently demonstrated professional skills and abilities. These professionals have a broad knowledge base and strong clinical skills which they demonstrate direct patient care in partnering and communicating with team members, with physicians and the health care team. They are sought for their expertise and serves as a resource to the Department and other programs in Geisinger.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrates competence in written, oral, and electronic communication skills.
· Demonstrates effective ability to function in an interdisciplinary environment
· Demonstrate and maintain competency through Geisinger’s Clinical Nutrition competency program annually.
· On an annual basis, meets all qualifications and responsibilities outlined in Professional Development Program Qualification and Responsibilities chart for current position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Completion of the minimum of a Baccalaureate degree granted by a US regionally accredited university or college or foreign equivalent.
· Completion or has completed at least half of their credits required by the accredited university or college towards a Master’s Degree. RDN with a minimum 5 years of experience required.
· A minimum of 5 years working experience as an RDN. Has obtained Board Certification as a Specialist in focus areas of practice, including Advanced Practice Certification, in recognition of documented practical experience and successful completion of an examination and maintenance of specialty required.
· A minimum of 11 years clinical experience as a RDN who has demonstrated strong clinical skills and is recognized by their peers and the professionals who supervise their work for their expert knowledge base and complex decision-making skills and competencies.
· Completion of required dietetics coursework and supervised practice through a Didactic Program in Dietetics and Dietetic Internship or a Coordinated Program in Dietetics Accredited by ACEND or Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP).
· Compliance with the CDR Professional Development Portfolio requirements.
· Maintain RDN credential and license for state practicing in, if applicable.
· Maintain credentials through Geisinger’s Credentialing department.
** Applicants that meet RDN l criteria welcome to apply.
Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Work is typically performed in both inpatient and ambulatory setting.
· The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
GEISINGER-LEWISTOWN HOSPITAL: is a 123-bed acute care community hospital serving the 80,000 residents of Mifflin and Juniata counties and members of the contiguous counties of Centre, Perry, Snyder, and Huntingdon. Established in 1905, the hospital provides inpatient, outpatient, wellness and community services while employing over 1,000 full-time and part-time employees and providing a Medical Staff consisting of more than 150 physicians and allied health practitioners representing specialties ranging from family medicine, internal medicine, and cardiology to infectious disease and general/cardiovascular surgery.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.