Medical Staff Services Director supports the Medical Staff organization by administering the Medical Staff credentialing, privileging, appointment and reappointment process. The position is responsible for monitoring all applicable regulatory laws and statutes (State and Federal) and accreditation standards as well as Gwinnett Hospital and Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and policies and procedures for compliance by the Medical Staff organization, to include Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization. This position directs the daily operations of the Medical Staff Credentialing Office and oversees the personnel within the department for effective support of the Medical Staff organization and its leaders. The Director is also responsible for department staff, human resources issues, customer service strategies and process improvements. The Director provides support necessary to expand the credentialing software by working with IT, the vendor and the Director of Physician Informatics to ensure that Medical Staff Office uses the technology to enhance the provider’s credentialing/re-credentialing process.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Professional Medical Staff Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS);
- 3-5 years of progressive responsibility and experience in Medical Staff Services, with 2 years of management experience preferred;
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with physicians, physician office staff, department directors, administration, licensing and regulatory agencies;
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, CMS Conditions of Participation, National Practitioner Databank Guidelines and state licensure requirements regarding credentialing required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or equivalent (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Detail oriented with analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 5823
About Gwinnett Medical Center
Gwinnett Medical Center is a 553-bed, not-for-profit health care network that provides a wide array of high-quality services and facilities to Lawrenceville, Duluth, Hamilton Mill, Johns Creek and the metro Atlanta area. In 2014, our system was recognized by Georgia Trend as the top large hospital in the state.
With roots that go back more than 70 years, Gwinnett Medical Center has hospitals—along with various other support facilities—in Lawrenceville and Duluth, Georgia.
Gwinnett Medical Center–Lawrenceville is recognized as a national leader in single incision laparoscopic surgery, advanced cardiovascular services and home to a Level II trauma center, while Gwinnett Medical Center–Duluth offers an array of specialty services, including surgical weight management, da Vinci® robotic surgery and sports medicine.
With more than 5,300 employees and 800 affiliated physicians, we have repeatedly received national recognition for clinical excellence, ranking in the top 5% in the nation for clinical quality.
Gwinnett Medical Center is committed to Transforming Healthcare in our community.