The Medical Staff Coordinator facilitates the credentialing and compliance process with the Medical Staff.
• Maintains current knowledge of Joint Commission, CMS and all applicable State and Federal statutes and laws as they pertain to the credentialing and privileging of medical staff members.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and Policies and Procedures. Aids in the revision process as needed. Stays abreast of all issues pertaining to the medical staff through NAMMS, professional associations, and State medical and pharmacy boards, in order to provide the best possible guidance in matters of medical staff administration.
• Provides support services to the Medical Staff, Medical Staff Committees, CEO and Board of Trustees as needed and requested.
• Maintains current medical staff members’ credentialing files to ensure the confidentiality and accuracy of the information being
• Ensures that all documents (certification, registration, board and specialty board certifications) are reviewed, obtained, and managed on a monthly basis according to current IMH rules and policies.
• Participates in physician recruiting and activities as requested.
• Maintains a record of all non-monetary contributions (according to Stark Law) to the medical staff as applicable and forwards that information to the Compliance Officer when requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
• Must have at least three (3) years of experience in a professional office setting with increasing duties and responsibilities.
• Must have previous experience handling confidential documents and information.
• Microsoft office experience strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of basic statistical concepts and applicable software preferred.
• CPCS or CPMSM preferred.
• Member of NAMMS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to use initiative and perform with little or no supervision.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Internal Number: 1432
About Ivinson Memorial Hospital
Ivinson Memorial Hospital has been providing Exceptional Care to Wyoming since 1917. We are committed to providing the highest level of healthcare by promoting wellness and healing within our community.
Our patient-centered approach allows us to meet your healthcare needs through the professionally trained and certified, compassionate staff. We work daily to improve ourselves and the care we provide patients and guests. If you have suggestions or concerns, please feel free to share your feedback with us.