Southwest General Health Center is a 352-bed community hospital located in Middleburg Heights, Ohio. One of the last standing community hospitals in Northeast Ohio, we partner with University Hospitals and other local community organizations to provide a full range of services to all who need us. We are certified as a Level III Trauma Center and a Primary Stroke Center, and have been serving our community for over 100 years!
Why work at SWGHC? In addition to the outstanding culture, we offer great benefits, no rotating shifts, free parking and are close to the turnpike and I71. Come join our team! #loveajobthatlovesyouback
Medical Staff Services Director
Position Summary: Directs and oversees day to day operations of the Medical Staff Services function by managing the work of a team that acts as a liaison between the medical staff and the health center administration. The director:
- Coordinates/Supports Medical Staff meetings and any/all committee actions.
- Ensures that all providers are compliant with accreditation or regulatory agencies and oversees the credentialing, re-credentialing and privileging process.
- Ensures the medical staff operates within guidelines established by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations, or other governance documents that ensure the health centers compliance.
- Conducts an onboarding process for new medical staff members.
- Oversees the Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities for the medical staff members
- Supports the Hospitalist and House Physician Programs.
- Responsible for providing all communication to the Medical staff providers on staff
- Oversee/Coordinates the Southwest General Podiatry Residency Program; UH’s Orthopedic and Psychiatry Residency Programs
- Coordinates all Medical Staff Social Functions (minimum of 4 per year).
- Responsible for System Access to Cerner for all Medical Staff providers office staff.
- Responsible for the Coordination of the “Southwest Medical Staff Organization” including accounting and tax preparations.
- Directs/Supervises the work of employees and has responsibility for personnel actions including, hiring, performance management, and terminations.
- Contributes to strategic planning, goal setting and budgeting for the department in collaboration with senior management.