Providence is calling a Coder Abstractor - On Call to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, in Everett, WA.
May work from home, must reside in Washington.
In this position you will:
- Assign the appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnosis / procedure codes and CPT procedure code(s) for all inpatient / outpatient accounts.
- Assign the appropriate ED facility E/M levels & charges in accordance with CMS and NCHS "Official Coding Guidelines for Coding and Reporting".
- Complete abstraction / charge entry processes in STAR billing system.
- Code all diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to the appropriate classification system for the category of the patient encounter.
- Participates in unit/department performance improvement activities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Current AHIMA or AAPC coding credential that is hospital/acute care related.
- Basic computer skills including how to operate a PC.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10, CPT and DRG coding.
- Ability to communicate effectively; strong verbal and written communications skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an AHIMA accredited Health Information Technology or Health Information Management program or self-study course.
- Accreditation as Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist.
- One year hospital based HIM Department background/experience or experience through practicum or an AHIMA accredit Health Information Technology or Health Information Management program.
- One year of hospital-based coding experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 149204