Providence is calling a Clinical Informatics Specialist RN to Providence Health & Services in Polson, MT.
We are seeking a Clinical Informatics Specialist (CIS) RN to serve as a resource in promoting the understanding, integration, and application of information technology in healthcare settings. The CIS RN acts as a liaison between clinical care and information technology, supporting all staff members throughout the care continuum in the implementation, use and optimization of clinical technologies.
In this position you will:
- In collaboration with Medical, Nursing and Interdisciplinary staff governance, perform competency assessments of clinician use of information systems, document findings; deliver targeted training and remediation as necessary and evaluate effectiveness of interventions.
- Effectively implement training programs, including providing instructor‐led training, which support the successful adoption of clinical information systems into the patient care process.
- Conduct workflow analysis determining the expectations, identifying gaps and supporting recommendations on procedures and innovative solutions to improve efficient,reliable use of the clinical information systems.
- Support the Identification, analysis, prioritization, design, testing, and implementation of improvements to existing clinical information systems.
- Respond and assist customers immediately upon request and follows up on previous interactions to ensure issue resolution or escalation.
- Communicate customer requested system improvements and communicates prioritized requests to appropriate governance.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- 1 years of experience in a position that had the same or similar primary duties.
- Experience with supporting clinician use of an EHR system, with expertise in hospital or ambulatory clinical computer applications (as appropriate for role), especially those used at PH&S .
- Education or training experience using principles of adult learning in clinical environments.
- Experience in a clinical field .
- Project management and Change management and process improvement leadership.
- Experience in healthcare quality initiatives and regulatory organizations (e.g. The Joint Commission, CMS, state departments of health).
- Frequent travel among regional facilities and occasional travel among Providence regions.
- A valid driver's license, car insurance, and a reliable vehicle for transportation throughout the region.
- Employee may be required to work on-call, after hours and variable shifts and weekends.
- Knowledge of professional standards as reflected in the appropriate practice act of the state where licensed.
- Demonstrates competency in assessment, analysis and redesign of clinical workflows, training curricula, change processes and end user engagement.
- Demonstrates ability to identify system constraints or gaps in routine business requirements and effectively communicate issues / risks to the team in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to acquire knowledge to function at a proficient level using Epic Enterprise Suite EHR and other applications.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of adult learning theory; presentation development; use of relevant software applications; and instructional content expertise.
- Active license or certification to practice as a registered nurse.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Informatics certifications or credentialing is preferred, and may be equivalent for up to 2 years' experience for this position at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as SharePoint.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Informatics
Req ID: 148031