Providence is calling a Clinical Informatics Specialist Ambulatory to Providence Health & Services in Anchorage, AK.
We are seeking a Clinical Informatics Specialist to serve as a clinical informatics resource, supporting all clinical staff roles throughout the care continuum (as assigned) in the specialty of Clinical Informatics. He or she will coordinate and monitor the analysis, design, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of clinical informatics applications and projects within the assigned ministry/area as well as coordinate and provide direct support and education to Providence Health & Services clinicians (physicians, nurses, and other interdisciplinary team members) in their use of Health System technology including the electronic health record (EHR).
In this position you will:
- Develop curriculum for clinical information and communication systems and provides education for current and new customers.
- Coach, mentor, and provide one-on-one at the elbow support for members of the clinical team in gaining and maintaining competency in use of clinical information and communication systems.
- Provide instructor-led training tailored to the learner's individual needs, including but not limited to, flexibility with time, location and content; assess and address educational needs related to clinician/provider use of clinical information systems.
- Develop and coordinate communication about future EHR changes, upgrades, and downtimes to clinical customers; develop and perform competency assessments related to clinician use of information systems, documents findings; designs and delivers targeted training and remediation as necessary and evaluates effectiveness of interventions.
- Synthesize data, information, and knowledge to clarify informatics issues or problems; analyze multiple approaches/solutions to the informatics issue or problem, develop a recommended informatics solution for the specific issue or problem, and manage the process for implementing the solution to the informatics issue or problem.
- Identify analyze, prioritize, redesign, test, and implement improvements to existing clinical information systems; lead root cause analysis efforts related to clinical information systems.
- Develop methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining clinical information system performance improvement results; consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, costs, and impact to patient care when problem-solving.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, other clinical discipline, information technology/informatics, business, management, communications, etc.; one (1) plus years of experience in a position that had the same or similar primary duties. Or Associates Degree or Certification in clinical discipline (e.g. nursing, respiratory therapy, medical assistant, surgery technician, pharmacy technician), education, information technology, business administration, or a related healthcare or IS field with two years of experience in a position that had the same or similar primary duties. Or Without a college degree, five (5) years plus of blended work experience.
- Active license or certification to practice as a clinician is required if applicable. (MD, RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Dietitian, Clinical Social Worker, Respiratory Therapist, etc.).
- Active license or certification to practice as a clinician (MD, RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Dietitian, Clinical Social Worker, Respiratory Therapist, etc.).
- Staying current with HIPAA, CMS, and TJC (The Joint Commission) standards, management and healthcare issues and trends, and legal implications, pertaining to EHR access and use.
- For licensed nurses, physicians and other clinicians, knowledge of professional standards as reflected in appropriate practice act of the state where licensed.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with supporting clinician use of an EMR system, with expertise in hospital or ambulatory clinical computer applications (as appropriate for role).
- Education or experience in the area of adult learning and/or informatics.
- One (1) to two (2) years' experience in creating, designing, and writing training materials.
- Project management and/or project team leadership.
- Change management and process improvement leadership.
- Informatics certifications or credentialing; may be equivalent for up to two (2) years' experience for this position at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as SharePoint.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Informatics
Req ID: 143437