Providence is calling an Equipment Technician to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
This is an on call position with a variable shift schedule.
The Equipment Technician works under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of the Service Operations and Logistics Center. The Equipment Technician is expected to work individually and as part of a team. The Equipment Technician performs a variety of cleaning, stocking and movement for a variety of minor medical care items throughout the medical center. The Equipment Technician is responsible for processing and inspecting medical equipment including disassembling and reassembling and managing associated accessories in order to clean, sanitize and refurbish the areas of assigned responsibility. The Equipment Technician is responsible for the entry of data associated with these tasks. The assigned duties require extreme attention to detail, a strong ability to follow procedures, plus an ability to work with a range of supplies and people under sometimes stressful circumstances. Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the Core Values of the Sisters of Providence.
In this position you will:
- Meet the minimum departmental productive standards.
- Use appropriate PPE precautions.
- Need to have the ability to track and Log detailed job information appropriately and accurately.
- Maintain storage areas to meet designated standards.
- Maintain Department Records.
- Demonstrate proper inventory handling techniques.
- Effectively clean and maintain patient care equipment and related patient support items.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED or experience).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- CNA (certified nursing assistant) or EMT (emergency medical technician) license.
- Six months in a health care setting.
- Familiarity with: Hospira A , Triples, Kangaroo Feeding Pump, PARR, Mobile Suction,Kpad, Crash Cart, Baxter Sigma Pumps, Gaymar Overlay Pumps, Eqidural Pumps Sapphire, Hospira LifeCare PCA Pumps, Covidien SCD Pumps, Urology Cart, CPMs, KCI Wound VAC's, Therapy Rental Beds, Bariatric Wheelchairs and Gaymar Cooling Blanket Machine.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 140185