· At least 3-5+ years of hospital medical staff services department experience.
· At least 3-5+ years of demonstrated experience in the management of medical staff services staff
· Thorough knowledge of the medical staff requirements set forth by The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation and state license requirements.
· Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology and medical staff organization
· Exemplary organizational, communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
· Extremely high level of orientation towards detail, accuracy and follow through.
· Must have the ability to work independently within fairly strict guidelines and with minimal specific direction. Must be able to adhere consistently to applicable policies, procedures and local medical staff bylaws and to ensure that staff are doing the same.
· Must have strong problem solving and organizational abilities as well as ability to think critically and develop creative solutions.
· Must be able and willing to work within a changing and flexible environment
· Must be ablet o consistently work towards and meet deadlines imposed by external regulators and the internal business needs of the organization
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
· Ability to fairly and effectively supervise the day-to-day operational activities and support personnel functions of the medical staff services and provide positive leadership.
· Strong communication and customer service skills coupled with ability to interface at all levels within the hospital.