Our Client NYC Health + Hospitals (NYCHH), the nation’s largest public health care delivery system, is growing its leadership team. It is an integrated network of 11 acute care hospitals, trauma centers, neighborhood health centers, nursing homes, and post-acute care centers, which also includes a home care agency and a health plan. NYCHH provides essential services to more than 1.4 million NYC residents annually via 225,000 admissions, 1.1 million ER visits, and 5.0 million clinic visits. MetroPlus Health Plan is one of the NYC's largest providers of government-sponsored health insurance and is the plan of choice for nearly half a million city residents.
Job Description NYC H+H has established Vision 2020 as its blueprint for transforming the system to better meet the health needs of NYC residents. The plan focuses on growth, the best patient experience, expanding ambulatory care, and growing membership in its health plans. To achieve its transformation goals, the system is becoming more tightly integrated and will manage care across a continuum of three service lines: ambulatory care, hospital services, and long-term post acute care. Within this integrated structure, the system seeks a new System Chief Nursing Executive (SCNE) to help transform how it delivers clinical care.
The SCNE will report to the President of NYCHH and will work collegially and collaboratively with executive leaders, the system CMO, and the broader organization. The SCNE's mission will be to provide leadership that will transform nursing’s contribution to how care is delivered to achieve improved patient outcomes, a great patient experience, excellent quality of care, and reduced system costs. Some key deliverables and focus areas include:
- Establishing strategic vision and initiatives that change how nursing supports the delivery of patient care system-wide and within each facility.
- Providing a unified voice for nursing practice and establishing consistent standards of practice and oversight.
- Deploying nursing staff effectively to ensure patient safety and care and staff are prepared, satisfied, and find fulfillment in their work across the system.
- Providing for the growth and development of the nursing staff for each to achieve their aspirations and goals in delivering care both with patients and leading within the organization.
- Elevating the stature of nursing across the system as a key contributor to the system’s clinical and financial performance.
- Achieving excellent patient care through superb, standardized clinical education and training.
- Leveraging a shared governance approach with facility CNOs to institutionalize a nursing philosophy, engage nursing staff, and implement operational and cultural change.
- Working with labor organization representatives to realize improvements in culture, work practices, and individual accountability.
- Participating in several committees and teams contributing to the broader changes underway in the system including working with the Transformation office.
- Leveraging the system's scale by integrating clinical resources and practices across facilities and service lines.
- Creating standardized practices and processes.
- Developing a strong and respectful working relationship with facility and community leaders to improve outcomes, establish stretch goals, and guide performance improvement