Summit Community Care Clinic is located in Frisco, Colorado. Our School Based Health Clinics are located in both Lake County and Summit County schools. In 2015, the Care Clinic served over 7,000 patients with over 23,000 primary, dental and behavioral health visits. Patients are primarily from Summit County but also include patients seeking services from Eagle, Lake, Grand, Park and Chaffee counties.
The Summit Community Care Clinic (SCCC) Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for the delivery of professional medical services, supervision of staff and volunteer medical providers, oversight of clinic Quality Assurance program, and participation on the SCCC Management Team.
This is a full-time position, with 50% of hours dedicated to direct patient care and 50% dedicated to administrative tasks.
1. Promotes the philosophy and mission of SCCC.
2. Provides direct patient care following established protocols, including but not limited to: conducting outpatient clinic; establishing patient history through interview; establishing diagnostic impression; managing chronic health problems; initiating arrangements for treatment. Makes decisions concerning medical care and the needs of the patient, as well as decisions regarding special needs, following established protocols.
3. Actively participates as a member of the health care team in the Team Based Care model. Works directly and through referrals with therapists and/or psychiatrists to evaluate/treat behavioral health disorders of clients. Refers and collaborates with community mental health agencies and counselors as appropriate.
4. Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of medical records.
5. Supervises staff physicians, volunteer physicians, Medical Director for School Based Health Centers, and Clinic Nurse Manager, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
6. Supervises and arranges for training of staff and volunteer physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners, including orientation, chart review, case consultation, professional development, evaluation, and adherence to laws and ethical practices.
7. Acts as approving physician for prescriptions written by Nurse Practitioners who do not have Prescriptive Authority. Acts as collaborating physician for Nurse Practitioners and as supervising physician for staff Physician Assistants.
8. Responsible for development, completion, documentation, and reporting of clinic Quality Assurance program in collaboration with the clinic’s Director of QA/QI.
9. Responsible for setting SCCC goals for all Uniform Data System (UDS) Clinical Performance Measures (CPMs), monitoring performance; adjusting plans and protocols when changes in clinical performance are noted; assisting with design and implementation of mechanisms to efficiently and accurately track and report on all UDS CPMs.
10. In collaboration with CEO and CFO, plans for medical provider hiring, staffing and scheduling, and evaluates and oversees changes in pay and scheduling for all physicians and midlevel providers; adjusts staffing to accommodate changes in demand for medical services.
11. Participates in evaluation of grant opportunities, when grants under consideration apply to clinical care at SCCC; participates in tracking and reporting of grant deliverables where indicated.
12. Participates as member of Management Team in the planning, instituting, evaluating and revising of clinic programs, plans, resources, and policies.
13. Plans and directs monthly medical provider/clinic assistant department meeting.
14. Participates in SCCC Credentialing Committee and evaluates new staff members’ fitness for duty.
15. Represents SCCC at Colorado Community Health Network meetings and events.
16. Acts as a representative of SCCC with local physician offices, medical laboratories, service clubs and organizations, patients, and the general public, acting in a professional and responsible manner.
17. Reviews and participates in development of Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) when those MOUs apply to clinical care at SCCC.
18. Performs other related job duties as assigned by CEO.