Manager, Medical Staff Services
Reading Health System is currently recruiting for a Manager to provide administrative and managerial support to the Medical Staff Services Office and to serve as a resource and support to Medical Staff leadership across the organization. The Manager will ensure compliance with the accrediting and regulatory agencies (i.e., TJC, NCQA) in regards to credentialing while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of the statutes and laws. The Manager also maintains a working knowledge of the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and keeps the medical staff updated on all changes. In addition, the Manager is responsible for establishing, contributing to and maintaining continuity in the planning, development and implementation of standards applicable to the medical staff Services Office, relating to credentialing, quality and administrative functions. The Manager reports into the Director, Medical Staff Services and has both direct and indirect reports.
This position is ideal for someone who is energized by process improvement opportunities, leading and developing staff through change and collaborating with others to ensure key objectives are met.
To qualify for this challenging opportunity, candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- A Certification as a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM), issued by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (Preferred)
- Experience providing administrative and managerial support to a large function within an organization preferably within a Medical Staff Services Office within a healthcare system
- Experience ensuring compliance with regulations and/or laws
- Demonstrated experience with process mapping and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making skills to achieve objectives
- Experience managing and developing staff and leading staff through change
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact with physician leadership, physicians, physician office staff, department directors, administration and regulatory agencies
- Strong detail orientation, analytical and project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize in high sense of urgency environment
- Ability to create an atmosphere that encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance
At Reading Health System, located in scenic Berks County, advancing the health and wellness of our community, is our mission. More than 1,000 physicians and clinicians across 46 locations offer comprehensive care ranging from prevention, screenings, and education to the latest clinical services and treatments. Our community health programs provide essential resources to residents of Berks County and surrounding areas. Reading Hospital, our nationally recognized flagship institution has served the local community since 1867, and in its current location since 1926. With a tradition of clinical excellence and a commitment to low patient costs, we perform nearly 19,000 surgical procedures a year. Reading Hospital is home to many of our top-tier specialty care centers, including:
We encourage you to go to www.readinghealth.org to learn more about Reading Health System and to learn how we are moving medicine forward through our Seventh Avenue Project.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and being a member of the Reading Health System team, please forward your resume to Gretchen Adams at Gretchen.email@example.com.
Reading Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer