The Credentials Coordinator supports the functions of the Department of Medical Staff Services. The Coordinator will
be familiar with established policies and procedures and accreditation and regulatory standards for hospital and managed care credentialing
demonstrate an understanding of the Bylaws of the Medical Staff and Credentialing Handbook
credentials initial applications and reappointment applications
credentials practitioners with contracted health plans
maintain accurate current data in all processes
provides timely accurate response to customers needs
- Must possess High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in a medical staff services environment.
- Must possess general office skills, must be proficient in Microsoft Windows, have good customer service skills and demonstrate telephone courtesy,
- Must be reliable, responsible and accountable for work performed, possess organizational skills, and be able to prioritize tasks to handle voluminous paper flow in order to meet cyclical deadlines; strong analytical skills; meticulous attention to detail; excellent time management skills
- Must be able to take initiative in achieving expected results
- Must be computer literate or learn within 6 months, be able to accurately type 55 words per minute be able to follow written and oral instructions, be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner
- Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action, be flexible, have personal integrity, and the ability to function effectively as a team with other employees. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and to exercise good judgment
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians, customers, and the general public.